Pageviews last month

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Starting The Year Off With A Twist

A new year brings excitement and anticipation for me. I always look forward to starting over and setting new goals for the year.

For those who know our family, know that our life is anything from ordinary. I always say God likes to shake things up from time to time. Many of you also know that we strive hard to listen to what God is trying to say through situations and circumstances that come our way.

After being uprooted twice in less than 4 years, Danny and I always wonder what God has in store and try to take it in stride. I think we do a pretty good job but I would be lying if I didn't have a good talking to God about things from time to time.

Friday, January 4th "our" view of the year changed. I was informed by my boss that I would be cut to part time hours due to a couple of circumtances (one being ObamaCare). I will leave my verbalized feelings for THAT to another time.

I was shocked, nervous and a bit excited all at once. I absolutely love my job but the thought of having more time for my girls was exciting. That thought quickly faded with the realization that my income was just cut in half and.....Houston, we have a problem!

I have spent the last 5 days processing, praying, researching, praying, chatting with family, and praying. The only thing I do know is there is a reason for everything. Absolutely everything. There are no accidents with God and He is in complete control.

I do know that God increased Danny's salary at just the right time. I do know that an extra trucking run came about totally out of the blue on Tuesday. I do know that an extra unexpected paycheck showed up in our account this week(vacation pay the company failed to pay Danny for earlier). I know that all of this is His perfect timing.

So, I know this may sound weird but, I am a bit excited to see where this journey takes us. The nervousness creeps back in but I am choosing to back away from that as much as possible.

What's the next step? We are not sure yet but I know He knows.

2 comments:

  1. To realize that you can't control everything and have to believe that God does what's best for you took a long time for me to learn. I'm still learning as admittingly, I tend to forget that from time to time. I admire your faith and know that because of it, your next steps will always be the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Desi! It is a process I continue to learn as I get older. Hope you are well. Put me on your visit schedule when you come to Houston next.

    ReplyDelete